|Fresh Apple Pie|
|4-Ingredient Häagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean|
★ Recipe Serves 8 ★ Total Prep Time 25 Minutes. Total Bake Time 60 Minutes ★ Serve Warm With Vanilla Ice Cream Scoop on the Side ★
1 box Pillsbury refrigerated pie dough (comes with 2 x 9" inch pie doughs)
from Judy's Perfect Apple Pie recipe. Modified version posted below.
7 cups thinly sliced peeled baking apples (Approx. 7 apples. Recommend using Granny Smith apples. I also added in 1 Pink Lady and 1 McIntosh)
2 tablespoons lemon juice (Approx 1 fresh lemon squeezed)
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 egg yolk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In bowl 1, place peeled and cut all apples. Add lemon juice.
- In bowl 2, combine sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Mix and then add to bowl 1. Toss.
- Place pie dough into 9" inch pie pan. Pour filling into pie pan. Dot with butter on top of filling.
- Either decoratively cover the pie as I did in picture above, or cover flat pie dough on pie and cut slits in the middle. Seal top and bottom pie crust together and decoratively wave pie edges.
- Beat egg yolk and water; brush over pastry top.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 14 minutes. Reduce hat to 350 degrees F and bake for an additional 40-45 minutes until crust is golden and filling is bubbly.