Sunday, January 17, 2016
2 tbsp butter
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1/4 cup chopped onions
2 tbsp flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
1 cup cooked wild rice, divided use
1/4 sliced almonds, divided use
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup half and half
1/3 cup fresh parsley
6 ounces cooked chicken, diced
1-2 tbsp dry sherry
1. In a small skillet, melt butter. Saute mushrooms and onions (5-6 minutes).
2. Add flour, salt, and pepper. Continue cooking, stirring, to create roux (1 minute).
3. Add onion mixture, half of rice, half of almonds, chicken broth, and half and half to the Vitamix and secure lid.
4. Select Hot Soup program. Start machine and allow to complete cycle.
5. Select Variable 2. Start machine and remove lid plug. Drop in remaining rice, almonds, parsley, chicken and sherry. Blend 5 more seconds. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 cups.
A little too blended, thick and creamy for my liking. Also even though it's a quick soup to make, it requires a lot of clean up because of the prep for the mushrooms, onions, rice and chicken.