Recipe type: Dessert
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
Total time: 55 mins
2 (8 ounce) cans crescent rolls
1.5 sticks butter
1½ cups brown sugar
1 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup 7 Up (or other lemon soda)
2 apples (Golden Delicious or Granny Smith)
1. Butter a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
2. Preheat the oven at 350 F.
3. Peel and core apples, then cut each apple into 8 slices
4. Open up the two crescent roll packages. They will each have 8 triangle shaped flat crescent rolls. Roll each apple slice in a crescent roll and place in a buttered dish.
5. Melt butter, stir in sugar, vanilla and cinnamon, and when it’s thickened, remove from heat and pour over the dumplings.
6. Pour the soda in the middle and along the edges of a pan (not over the rolls).
7. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until they become golden brown.
8. Serve warm.
Recipe is a slightly modified from OMG Chocolate Desserts version.