|Active Time: 15, Total Time: 3.25 hours, Serves 13|
3/4 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45
3 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon instant powdered milk
1/4 cup white sugar
3/8 teaspoon salt
1 egg white
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon active dry yeast
3/4 cup dried raisins (or currants)
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 egg yolk
2 tablespoons water
CREAM CHEESE ICING
1 tablespoon cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1. Put warm water, butter, skim milk powder, 1/4 cup sugar, salt, egg, egg white, flour, and yeast in bread maker and start on dough program. My bread maker sets this program for 2 hours and 20 minutes.
2. When 5 minutes of kneading are left, add raisins and cinnamon. Leave in machine till double.
3. Punch down on floured surface, cover, and let rest 10 minutes.
4. Shape into 12 balls and place in a greased 9 x 12 inch pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place till double, about 35-40 minutes. I was able to let it rest for 10 minutes and it turned out fine.
5. Mix egg yolk and 2 tablespoons water. Brush on balls.
6. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 20 minutes. Remove from pan immediately and cool on wire rack.
7. To make crosses: mix together confectioners' sugar, and cream cheese. Put in a zip lock back and cut a corner, to allow icing an X on each cooled bun.
From AllRecipes.com. Frosting from previous recipe.