Serves 4 -5 hungry men. NOTE FROM HUNGRY MEN: Try putting less beef and more veggies next time.
* 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, chopped
* 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
* 1 carrot, sliced I put in a lot more than just one. Also, Jonathan likes it when they're softer. I recommend boiling the carrot before putting in the pot for it to come out softer.
* 1 onion, chopped
* 2 stalks celery, chopped
* 1 dried red pepper, crushed
* 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper (or 1 whole green pepper)
* 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper (or 1 whole red pepper)
* 1/3 jalapeno pepper, minced
* 1/3 cup bottled steak sauce
* 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
* 1 (1.25 ounce) package chili seasoning mix
* 1 teaspoon ground cumin
* 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
* 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
* 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
* In a large pot over medium-low heat, combine tomatoes, tomato paste, carrot, onion, celery, pepper flakes, bell peppers, jalapeno pepper and steak sauce.
* While tomato mixture is simmering, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef until brown; drain. Stir chili seasoning into ground beef.
* Stir seasoned beef into tomato mixture. Mix in cumin and continue to simmer until vegetables are tender and flavors are well blended.
* Stir in beans, cilantro and parsley. Total cook time approx 1.5 hours throughout all directions. Heat through and serve.
Used ingredients and quantities based on Award Winning Chili recipe posted on allrecipes.com. This recipe also calls for 1/4 cup white wine and 5 slices bacon which I omitted.