|Makes 3 to 4 servings * Ready in 30 minutes|
Original recipe posted on Dish Up Delights. Modified version below.
- 2lb broccoli, (1lb cut) washed, dried and cut into florets
- 8 ounces large seedless grapes, washed and dried
- 1 asparagus bunch, cut into 1 or 2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 dry quinoa
- 3 handfuls baby arugula
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped roasted and salted pistachios (optional)
- Boil 1 cup water and throw in quinoa. Boil per directions on the packaging (approximately 15 minutes).
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Toss the broccoli, grapes, and asparagus with enough olive oil to lightly coat them. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Roast for 20-30 minutes or until the grapes are blistered and the broccoli and asparagus are slightly charred.
- In a large bowl, toss the the broccoli, grapes, and asparagus with the quinoa and arugula. In a small bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon of olive oil, the balsamic, and Dijon mustard. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss the dressing with the salad and combine well. Adjust the seasonings if necessary. Garnish with pistachios. Serve slightly warm or at room temperature.