* 2 pounds ground chuck
* 1 onion
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 2 teaspoons ground oregano
* 1 teaspoon ground basil
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon pepper
* 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano
* 2 (15-ounce) cans tomato sauce
* 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
* 1 1/2 cups low-fat Mexican shredded cheese mix
* 1 (5-ounce) package grated Parmigianno-Reggiano
* 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley leaves
* 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
* 9 oven-ready lasagna noodles
* 1 (8-ounce) packages shredded mozzarella
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large saucepan, combine ground chuck, sausage onion and garlic. Cook over medium heat until meat is browned and crumbled; drain.
Return meat to pan and add oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce and paste. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 30+ minutes.
In a small bowl, combine Mexican shredded cheese, Parmesan, parsley, and eggs.
Spoon 1/4 of sauce into bottom of a 13 by 9 by 2-inch baking pan. Place 3 uncooked lasagna noodles on top of sauce. Do not overlap noodles. Spread 1/3 of cheese mixture over noodles, top with 1/4 of sauce and 1/3 mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers, ending with sauce, reserving 1/3 of mozzarella cheese.
Bake 35 minutes. Top with remaining cheese and bake 15 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Let rest 10 minutes before serving.
|I really have to get some nice serving dishes. Nah, I don't.|