|Servings: 2.5 Prep Total: 35 Mins|
* 1 cup green french lentils
* 1 pound shrimp, peeled (1/2 bag, defrosted)
* 1 bunch kale, ends trimmed and cut into ribbons
* 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
* 2 cloves garlic, minced (or 1)
* 2 Tbs. Herbs De Provence (dried thyme, dried savory, dried majoram, dried rosemary, and dried lavender flowers)
* 1 pinch crushed red pepper
* 3 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
* juice from half a lemon
* 1/4 cup dry white wine (or red if it's all you have at home)
* fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
* 1/2 tsp coarse salt
* 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
Directions: Cook the lentils in boiling water until tender, 25 minutes. Drain, if necessary.
On a plate, toss the shrimp with the Herbs De Provence and crushed red pepper.
Heat 2 Tbs oil in a medium skillet over medium-high. Arrange the shrimp in a single layer and sear for 2 minutes. Flip and sear 30 more seconds. Remove from pan and set aside.
Add the wine and deglaze the pan. Scrap up the good browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Once the liquid has mostly absorbed, add the garlic and bloom for 30 seconds. Add the kale and cherry tomatoes; saute until wilted, 1 minute.
To the pot with the lentils, add the kale mixture and seared shrimp. Taste and season with salt and pepper, accordingly. Drizzle with remaining oil and spritz with lemon. Toss together and serve with the parsley as garnish!
Comments: Thank you Bev Cooks for the recipe.