Wednesday, January 30, 2013
Winter Kale & Squash Citrus Salad
Butternut Squash, peeled, cut & roasted in 400 degree oven for 1 hour
Balsamic Vinaigrette for dressing
Posted by Sharón at 6:33 AM 0 comments
Labels: ****/5, grapefruit, kale, salad, season: winter, squash, tomatoes
Sunday, January 20, 2013
Waffle Iron Hash Browns
5 medium to small potatoes, yields two full waffles.
Peel, shred, and squeeze out all liquid. Spread melted butter on waffle iron. Put shredded potatoes on waffle iron for about 20 minutes.
Posted by Sharón at 10:01 AM 0 comments
Sunday, January 13, 2013
|Serves 8 * Prep time 10 * Bake time 15 * Ready in 25|
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 tablespoons unsalted butter, frozen
1 container fresh blueberries (6 oz)
1/2 cup sour cream
1 large egg
Sugar in the raw, for sprinkling
1. Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Grate butter into flour mixture on the large holes of a box grater; use your fingers to work in butter (mixture should resemble coarse meal).
3. In a small bowl, whisk sour cream and egg until smooth.
4. Using a fork, stir sour cream mixture into flour mixture until large dough clumps form. Use your hands to press the dough against the bowl into a ball. Gently stir in blueberries.
5. Place on a lightly floured surface and pat into a 7 to 8-inch circle about 3/4-inch thick. Use a sharp knife to cut into 8 triangles; place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, about 1 inch apart. Sprinkle with sugar in the raw. Bake until golden, about 15 to 17 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes and serve warm or at room temperature.
Original recipe found at allreceipes.com under name Simple Scones. Modified version above.
Posted by Sharón at 4:40 PM 0 comments
Labels: *****/5, blueberries, breakfast, scones, sour cream
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)